Re: scapula question

I assume you are referring to the suprascapular cartilage.  It's present in
many (if not most) tetrapods.  Interstingly, not only do osteicthians have a
suprascapular cartilage, but even chondricthians have a seperate suprascapular
cartilage condensate above the cartilagenous scapula.  Certainly ungulates
usually have fairly well developed suprascapular cartilage; I haven't examined
many other mammal groups, but I'm pretty sure it's widespread.  In archosaurs,
crocodillians have suprascapular cartilage.  In dinosaurs I'm less sure.  I can
vouch that Brachylophosaurus scapulae show clear attachement points for a
suprisingly ungulate-looking suprascapular cartilage (in attachement...don't
know the cartilage morphology, obviously!).  I haven't looked enough at other
dinosaurs to know.

Hope that helps,

Scott

--