Re: scapula question

<How does this fit the conventional wisdom "either dermal or
cartilaginous"?>

  Well, my use of the term "dermal" was misplace. The element is
endochondral rather than dermal in nature, and represents one of the few
truly endochondral elements of the pectoral/postcranial girdle in
osteichthyans, including tetrapods and amniotes.

  Cheers,

=====
Jaime A. Headden

Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!