RE: Cleveland Lloyd - predator trap?

The problem with disease and drought as killing mechanisms are that
individuals die over a span of time, thus their carcasses are scattered
across the landscape. In addition, there will be a range of
disarticulation, with those dying earlier being more disarticulated than
those dying later, prior to burial. As yet I do not believe that a
suitable killing mechanism has been proposed for many (but not all)
dinosaur quarries. This certainly applies to Ghost Ranch.

Kenneth Carpenter, Ph.D.
Curator of Lower Vertebrate Paleontology
and Chief Preparator
Department of Earth Sciences
Denver Museum of Nature & Science
2001 Colorado Blvd.
Denver, CO 80205 USA

ph: 303-370-6392/ or 6403
fx: 303-331-6492

for PDFs of my reprints, info about the Cedar Mtn. Project, etc. see:
for fun, see also:
http://dino.lm.com/artists/display.php?name=Kcarpenter