Re: Mesozoic mountains & Spinosaur sails with neighboring critters (2 threads)

--- Rodlox R <rodlox@hotmail.com> wrote:

> and for those who earlier said that there are no
> examples of unrelated
> creatures sharing an enviroment & evolving something
> like a sail....in
> modern times, both *Riftia* worms at undersea
> volcanic vents and at least
> one type of clam that shares the enviroment down
> there, both lack internal
> organs, and both rely on sulfur-processing bacteria
> inside them.
>
> just a thought.

I suppose one could also consider the huge amount of
times (~100) that viviparity has evolved in squamates
from all sorts of disparate groups. The only real big
commonality is that the ovoviviparous/viviparous
lizards & snakes, all seem to live in cool climates
that are not conducive to "typical" squamate egg
laying patterns.

Jason

=====