Re: Thecodontia defined and saurischian Marasuchus

T. Michael Keesey wrote:

Not so--_Pterosaurus_ is a hymenopteran genus. Thus, _Ornithodira_
sensu Kischlat is roughly synonymous with _Bilateria_,
_Pterosauromorpha_ sensu Kischlat is roughly synonymous with
_Ecdysozoa_ or _Protostomia_, and _Dinosauromorpha_ sensu Kischlat is
roughly synonymous with _Deuterostomia_. :)

Actually, sorry to disappoint (I really am - I thought it was hilarious too). The hymenopteran genus is actually _Pterosarus_ Timberlake 1967, not _Pterosaurus_. It's a genus of bee, now considered a junior synonym of _Protandrena_. There's also a _Heterosarus_ and a _Melanosarus_.

AFAIK, there is no genus named _Pterosaurus_.

Tim