Re: Thecodontia defined and saurischian Marasuchus

David Marjanovic wrote-

> > Dromaeosuchia (Crocodylus + Ornithosuchus)
>
> Was it necessary to name that clade?

Ask Juul, 1994.

> > Crocodyliformes (Crocodylus <- Protosuchus)
>
> Not *C.* _+_ *P.*?

Oops.  My bad.  Yes, his Crocodyliformes is (Crocodylus + Protosuchus).

> > Kischlat presents preliminary results of (his?) analysis, showing the
> > following topology-
> > [...]
>
> Crocodiles and even *Euparkeria* are dinosauromorphs! Yay! :-(

The odd thing is that he uses Dinosauromorpha in this way in his cladogram,
so he must realize the consequences of his definition.

Mickey Mortimer
Undergraduate, Earth and Space Sciences
University of Washington