From: Mickey Mortimer <Mickey_Mortimer111@msn.com>
To: dinosaur@usc.edu
Subject: Re: Ozraptor and Kakuru - Aussie abelisaurs?
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 12:23:00 -0800

Tim Williams wrote-

> It contains a lot of info about isolated theropod bones from Tendaguru in
> Tanzania. No new genera or species are described. Very interesting, with
> the Tendaguru theropod fauna dominated by different ceratosaurs. Some
> elements hitherto identified as 'coelurosaurs' are re-identified as small
> abelsiaurs.

The specifics will be up on my website soon, but just for everyone's info-
'Coelurosaurier A' MB.R 1763 is a basal tetanurine tibia (161 mm).  And no,
it's not "Allosaurus" tendagurensis.
'Coelurosaurier B' and 'C' MB.R 1750 and 1751 are abelisauroid tibiae (257
mm).  They differ in a few small points, but are very similar.
Distal ischium MB.R 1756 is a possible ceratosaurian.  It has the same
preservation as 1751 and is from the same locality, so may be the same
taxon.
There are also two fragmentary fibulae and several rib fragments from small
theropods which aren't described.
The numerous small theropod teeth will be examined in another work (Rauhut
and Heinrich).
Hope they get around to the big Tendaguru theropod stuff too.

And I can't wait for this, which is in the references-

RAUHUT, O. W. M. & XU, X. in press. The small theropod dinosaurs
Tugulusaurus and Phaedrolosaurus from the Early Cretaceous of Xinjiang,
China. Journal of Vertebrate Paleontology.

Mickey Mortimer
Undergraduate, Earth and Space Sciences
University of Washington