Re: Robotic Pterosaur Project at Stanford

James R. Cunningham pointed out:
Several days after those truck-mounted tests, it flew six times in one day for
varying durations (all short), with an average of about half an hour of prep
time between flights. Also, it was a pain in the you-know-what hanging on to
the back of that truck and stabilizing the model during the truck-mounted gimbal
tests. The videos where I wasn't hanging on for dear life were fixed mounts
that only allowed the device to swing in yaw.

James, I am very pleased to be corrected and apprised of this success! Bravo!

Phil Bigelow asks:

Is this video online somewhere?

My bad. Try http://news-service.stanford.edu/news/2005/march2/videos/26.html.

--------
"Dino Guy" Ralph W. Miller III
proud member of the Society of Vertebrate Paleontology

Can I stop banging my head against the wall now?