RE: Snake venom has new origins.

From: Jura <pristichampsus@yahoo.com>
To: CC: vrtpaleo@usc.edu
Subject: Snake venom has new origins.
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2005 10:27:36 -0800 (PST)

http://www.abc.net.au/science/news/enviro/EnviroRepublish_1312508.htm

Apparently snake venom evolved from, among other
things, testicular secretions.

Make of that, what you will.

Jason

_"Snakes eat lots of kinds of animals and the best way to knock them out is going to require a whole range of toxins," he says.
_"By gaining access to the whole treasure chest of molecules you've got a much more diverse arsenal."_

...which flies in the face of what I've learned about evolution: natural selection operates on the individual, not on the Class, Order, Family, or even the Genus........isn't stopping a heart just as effective whether feeding on mice or deer? (to give one example).

part of me suspects that the whole "testes" connection, is just parallel development...at best.............at worst, contaminated samples or sheer coincidence.

after all, some of the "sources" mentioned in the article, include snake eyes.