Kneecap

Dear all,

Here is a very simple question:

did dinosaurs have kneecaps or were these invented by mammals/synapsids?

I skimmed through all my dinosaur books but never saw a dinosaurian
kneecap, so I assumed the latter. Strange thingis, I found a quote by
McNeill alexander mentioning a turkey kneecap. So now I'm rather confused.

Thanks,

Martin.

                   Priv.-Doz. Dr. Martin BÃker
                   Institut fÃr Werkstoffe