Re: Smithsonian Paleontological Art

You're right, Dan. An amazing site. I was especially
intrigued by Mike Brett-Surman's chance discovery of
the Marsh drawings, and their rescue from the damaged
plumbing. Natural history museums have a lot of
"buried art treasures", owing mostly to the fortunate
obsession/compulsion of their staffs for almost never,
with some tragic exceptions, throwing anything away.
--Mark

http://www.nmnh.si.edu/paleo/PaleoArt/Historical/Highlights/