Re: Smithsonian Paleontological Art

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 21:26:43 -0800 (PST), Mark Hallett
<marksabercat@yahoo.com> wrote:
>Natural history museums have a lot of
> "buried art treasures", owing mostly to the fortunate
> obsession/compulsion of their staffs for almost never,
> with some tragic exceptions, throwing anything away.

How true it is.  I, myself, stumbled across an original Charles R.
Knight Dimetrodon sculpt in the collections of the Canadian Museum of
Nature just this past week (though, admittedly, it wasn't quite
"buried") .

--
Jordan Mallon

4th year undergraduate student, Carleton University
Vertebrate Palaeontology & Palaeoecology

http://dino.lm.com/artists/display.php?name=Mallon
MSN Messenger: j_mallon@hotmail.com