Re: Hibernating Dinosaurs?

Do all bird hibernate? Does that also mean that
turtles, snakes and crocodiles hibernate as well,
whereas all the mammal groups that didn't make it
through the KT boundary didn't?

Incidentally, there was a programme on Channel 4 in
the UK a week or so ago called "The Last Dragon",
which was an interesting attempt to show the
"evolution" of dragons, starting in the Cretaceous.
Apparently Dragons would have made it through as they
were aquatic, just like all the other groups that made
it through, such as the Mosasaurs...

Sorry about the last bit, totally irrelevant I know,
but someone mentioned KT and spurious survival
mechanisms, so I included it.

Simon

--- John Bois <jbois@umd5.umd.edu> wrote:
> Hibernation is one of the main proposed mechanisms
> for mammal survival at
> the K/T.  So, obviously, since no non-avian
> dinosaurs survived, none could
> have hibernated!  Except for those important
> hibernators, birds, of
> course.
>
> On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 MariusRomanus@aol.com wrote:
>
> > What's the current opinion about the idea of
> hibernating dinosaurs from
> > Australia/Antarctica? The only thing I can find is
> mention of a possible
> > hibernating ornithomimid, but I can't find any
> substantial reasons that support the
> > claim.
> >
> > Thank ya much.
> >
> > Kris

http://hometown.aol.com/saurierlagen/Paleo-Photography.html

Find out about the dinosaurs of the Isle of Wight at
   DinoWight- the Dinosaurs of the Isle of Wight
             http://www.dinowight.co.uk

         Or Join the DinoWight ONLINE group
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DinoWightONLINE/