Re: Hibernating Dinosaurs?

<<Is that based on "growth rings" (lines of arrested growth, LAGs)? Those
same rings can be found in the bones of farm alligators...>>

... and non-mammalian synapsids from the Lower Triassic of Karoo, South
Africa.  I think I've got a couple of papers noted down somewhere.
Diademodon was a 'LAGger' whereas Cynognathus wasn't.

My point was that they don't correlate to hibernation or even less drastic seasonal changes -- those gators are kept under constant conditions year-round, and yet they still stop growing once a year.