Re: Hibernating Dinosaurs?

In a message dated 3/17/2005 10:02:14 AM Alaskan Standard Time,
david.marjanovic@gmx.at writes:

>> What's the current opinion about the idea of hibernating dinosaurs from
Australia/Antarctica? <<

>It seems there isn't much of an opinion.<

Yeah.... I kinda noticed that. I still can't figure out what the KT
extinction had to do with my question.

>> The only thing I can find is mention of a possible hibernating
ornithomimid,<<

> Is that based on "growth rings" (lines of arrested growth, LAGs)? Those
same
rings can be found in the bones of farm alligators...<

Well, that's what I'm trying to figure out. I believe that LAGs were it. I
was curious as to if there was anything else out there supporting it.

Kris
http://hometown.aol.com/saurierlagen/Paleo-Photography.html