Re: Hibernating Dinosaurs?

--- David Marjanovic <david.marjanovic@gmx.at> wrote:
> > Does that also mean that
> > turtles, snakes and crocodiles hibernate as well,
>
> They do hibernate well. You can put any
> poikilothermic animal in the fridge
> without harming it.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

That's only true up to a point. Furthermore, that's
not true hibernation (or brumation, since they're
reptiles). Temperate reptiles can handle this type of
treatment far better than tropical reptiles. In fact,
doing this is probably a good way to kill a tropical
herp.

If it hasn't evolved the ability to brumate/aestivate,
then cooling it down to "hibernation temperatures" is
only going to kill the animal.

Just something to keep in mind.

Jason