London Natural History Museum's Animated Rex

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4360649.stm

Sensitive museum-goers are being warned to take care near the realistic
Tyrannosaurus rex unveiled in the London's Natural History Museum.

The 8m-long computer-controlled T.rex uses sensors to detect its "prey",
can swing its tail, swivel its head, roll its eyes and open its jaws.

The 275,000 animatronic model also makes grumbling sounds.

"Once those beady eyes fix on you it can be quite unnerving and scary,"
said the museum's John Phillips.

"From what I've seen, parents seem to be more unnerved than the kids."
"It makes a deep-throated rumble when it's sitting there contentedly, but
roars a lot more when agitated," Mr Phillips said.

Dinosaur expert Dr Angela Milner said: "We're confident that it's pretty
realistic."

Fossil remains have allowed scientists to work out how the dinosaur moved
and looked.

"We even know about the skin texture from preserved remains. The only
thing we're not sure about is the colour," Dr Milner said.