Re: new dinosaurs and 16 Foot Man Eating Croc Caught In Uganda (joke)

Having eaten Cajun grilled Alligator tail, I found the consistancy to be similar to sauted mushrooms, only a bit chewier. Taste, well.. - it was blackened, with Cajun spioces, and reminiscent of chicken.

Allan Edels

From: Tim Williams <twilliams_alpha@hotmail.com>
To: dinosaur@usc.edu
Subject: Re: new dinosaurs and 16 Foot Man Eating Croc Caught In Uganda (joke)
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 09:07:50 -0600

Tim Donovan wrote:

Then the scenario of Carr and Williamson (above) can't be true. Albertosaurus-like tyrannosaurs existed in the east in the early Campanian but apparently became extinct and were replaced by basal tyrannosauroids from elsewhere-possibly Europe, given the similarity of Betasuchus to Dryptosaurus.

_Betasuchus_ is based solely on a femur, which is incomplete and poorly preserved. The _Dryptosaurus_-_Betasuchus_ link must be considered tenuous. For example, other authors have considered _Betasuchus_ to be a possible abelisaur.

I still don't see why both tyrannosauroid lineages (_Dryptosaurus_ and albertosaurines) could not have been home-grown.

M.J.Murphy wrote:

I hear it taste like chicken.

:-)

Depends upon how the croc was reared. I have it on good authority that the flesh of wild crocs taste more like fish, because fish make up a large part of the croc's diet. (Or, in the case of crocs in the Top End of Australia, fish and British tourists.) On the other hand, crocs reared in captivity tend to taste more like chicken, because they are typically fed almost entirely on chickens (dead ones).

In any case, you can't go wrong with Dan's recipe....

No - I believe he ate it flame-grilled on a sweet potato mash with a
plum, sweet corn and red onion salsa.

Makes me drool just thinking about it.

Cheers

Tim