Introducing: PaleoBoards

In case you missed this elsewhere:

Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 23:19:57 -0500
From: "Richard A. Buckmaster" <psolio@temple.edu>
Subject: Introducing: PaleoBoards
To: vrtpaleo@usc.edu, dinosaur@usc.edu, PaleoNet@nhm.ac.uk,
   canpac@mars.ark.com, CLASS-L@ccvm.sunysb.edu, DDDNET@uicvm.cc.uic.edu,

Firstly, my apologies for multiple copies for those of you on several of
these lists.

As some of you may know, there have been complaints of the archaic methods
of discussion that occurs on listserves.  The methods that everyone is
referring to is nothing personal, but it is systematic.  What a lot of
people are wanting is to release their inbox from the topics that don't
interest them and occasionally the ability to ignore certain posters.

Web-based (non-email formatted) forums, messageboards collectively, are the
simple answer to these and other problems.  With the help of Brett Woodward
at the North Dakota Geological Survey, I have been able to put together a
working messageboard for the paleontology community.

This messageboard has several forums for different discussions: Vert/Invert
paleo, paleoclimates, lab methods, evolution, governmental regulations,
vendor's corner, and a general discussion.  These areas and more are all
separate, so that if you are not interested in reading about religious
debates (or whatever), you don't have to wade through it all.

Anyways, I have let this message ramble on too long.  The website is
http://paleoboard.dhs.org

Registration is free and all you need is a valid email address for
confirmation of registering.

Good luck, have fun, and I will see you there!

Richard Buckmaster (psolio)

- ---
Richard A. Buckmaster
Temple University