Re: new dinosaurs and 16 Foot Man Eating Croc Caught In Uganda (joke)

Dann Pigdon wrote:

Crocs tend to taste like whatever they've been eating. Some croc farms
feed their crocs almost nothing but chickens, hence a chicken-like
flavour. Apparently young wild crocs tend to have a slight fishy taste,
and farmed crocs in Australia that are fed feral pig carcasses taste a
bit different again (more like human flesh, I would suspect!).

Yeah, I mentioned this earlier in this thread...

http://dml.cmnh.org/2005Mar/msg00259.html

... but I didn't mention the crocs fed on a diet of feral pig. :-) One would suspect that they might taste somewhat like pork, more so than human flesh. Having never tasted the latter, I would not be a good judge of flavor. ;-)

Tim