Re: T-Rex soft tissue?

The ecosystem question is an interesting one.
I would assume that it would be very similar to current introduced species.
Something like 90%
wouldn't be able to survive, another few percent would be able to hang on and
not spread and maybe
one or two percent would become invasive. It is predicted that invasive species
with more than 90%
leathality rates will wipe out at least 40% of deciduous tree species in North
America if allowed to
spread.

Once you loose trees (even half of a species) the forest makeup changes and you
have a disturbed
environment which is much more attractive to other invaders. Human disruption
through logging and
other activities adds a lot to the problem (you can think of highways bending
space like worm-holes
in this context).

It raises a lot of interestsing questions about ecosystem replacement and
adaptation.

-Jonas Weselake-George
Ottawa Paleo Club