Re: Preservation of color patterns

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 11:50:26 -0800 (pst), Phil Bigelow
<bigelowp@juno.com> wrote:

> Re: the _Sinosauropteryx_ with the purported striped tail.  Have any
> paleoartists depicted this animal with such a pattern?

Sure.  Greg Paul did in his DA book.  In fact, he was one of the first
to mention (to my knowledge) the striped pattern preserved on the
tail.  I think he might've mentioned that either in a Prehistoric
Times article, or maybe it was in his same book.  Can't remember.

--
Jordan Mallon

4th year undergraduate student, Carleton University
Vertebrate Palaeontology & Palaeoecology

http://dino.lm.com/artists/display.php?name=Mallon
MSN Messenger: j_mallon@hotmail.com