Re: Mobile T.rex

Through a series of cranks, conrods, cams, and slides that operate the
pushrods, all driven by a single motor.  It is just as cool watching those
work as it is watching the skeleton.  One of the neatest things is watching
the spring loaded push-pull rods that operate the individual phalanges of the
toes as the foot lifts off and returns to the ground.  Hall is a truly
remarkable guy and a mechanical genius (he operates at that level in several
fields).

The early version of the rex operated by means of a sophisticated hand crank
(a pair of vice-grip pliers).

JimC