Re: Gastornis vs. Diatryma

On 11/26/05, David Marjanovic <david.marjanovic@gmx.at> wrote:
> [...]

It should be noted that this synonymy is subjective. I think the type
species are regarded as distinct (but CMIIW), so, as with
_Apatosaurus_ vs. _Brontosaurus_ or _Baryonyx_ vs. _Suchomimus_ etc.
it requires on the settings of your "genericometer".
--
Mike Keesey
The Dinosauricon: http://dino.lm.com