Re: Not dinosaurs, but damn cool!

On Sat, 01 Oct 2005 14:46:49 -0500 Tim Williams
<twilliams_alpha@hotmail.com> writes:
> Dann Pigdon wrote:
>
> >Why is it that Japanese "research" into large marine animals often
> ends
> >with them being impaled on sharp metal objects? :P

> Quite often the same animals (or bits of them) finally end up being
> impaled
> on small wooden objects - like chopsticks.

A Norwegian national who was in favor of whale hunting once told me, in
total seriousness, "In order to prevent the whales' extinction, a
significant number of them have to be killed for research."

In a weird twist, a few years later I watched a South Park episode where
Uncle Jimbo, on his T.V. hunting show, said "By killing endangered
species, we are saving them from starvation."

Fantasy often pales in the face of reality.

<pb>