Re: New PaleoBios paper - diplodocoid phylogenetic taxonomy

> Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 17:59:11 -0500
> From: Tim Williams <twilliams_alpha@hotmail.com>
>
> I've never heard of these two jokers, but apparently they hail from
> a little country called England, and after sinking a few beers
> they've come up with this jolly effort...
>
> Taylor, Michael P., and Naish, Darren (2005). The phylogenetic
> taxonomy of Diplodocoidea (Dinosauria: Sauropoda). PaleoBios 25 (2):
> 1-7.
>
> The paper itself can be downloaded from:
>       http://www.miketaylor.org.uk/dino/pubs/

Thanks for this pointer, Tim.  I notice that the world seems to be a
little underwhelmed by this contribution -- I has been expecting, at
minimum, the Nobel Prize for Literature by now.  But then I do admit
that this is a pretty boring paper for people who are not particularly
into sauropods or phylogenetic taxonomy.  So much so that I didn't
even require my wife to read it.

Anyway, I would like to publicly thank all the members of the list for
the wonderful work you've put in over the last few years to bring me
(and others) up to speed, to the point where I can make my own humble
contribution to primary literature.  Seriously, without this list I'd
be nowhere.  (That doesn't apply to Darren, of course, who without the
distraction of the DML would probably be World Ruler by now.)

)_v__/\  "The computer should be doing the hard work.  That's what it's
         paid to do, after all" -- Larry Wall.