Re: New PaleoBios paper - diplodocoid phylogenetic taxonomy

2005/10/3, Mike Taylor <mike@miketaylor.org.uk>:
> Well, the latter has largely been done --
>
>         Padian, K., J. R. Hutchinson and T. R. Holtz, Jr.  1999.
>         Phylogenetic definitions and nomenclature of the major
>         taxonomic categories of the carnivorous Dinosauria
>         (Theropoda).  Journal of Vertebrate Paleontology 19:69-80.

Isn't this paper criticized by Sereno? I not sure if he did that in
the 'A rational for dinosaurian taxonomy' (1999 JVP 19: 788-90).

(It's ofen said that a clade or a node-based definition is more stable
than a apomorphic or a content list based definition, it seems that it
not actually true.)

[]s,

Roberto Takata