Re: Archaeopterodactylus and Euornithes

On 10/5/05, Jaime A. Headden <qilongia@yahoo.com> wrote:

>   Kellner is (intentionally) not following the ICZN mandate that -oidea be a
> stem applied to only superfamily-level taxa, and eschews conventional Linnaean
> hierarchies.

CMIIW, but I think the ICZN mandate is just that superfamilies must
end with -oidea, not that nothing else may. For example, Crinoidea,
Asteroidea, Holothuroidea, Echinoidea, etc. are traditionally subphyla
of Echinodermata.

So what exactly is in _Archaeopterodactyloidea_? (What a mouthful!)
--
Mike Keesey
The Dinosauricon: http://dino.lm.com