Re: Age of the Djadok(ht)a, Barun Goyot and Nemegt Formations

--- "Jaime A. Headden" <qilongia@yahoo.com> wrote:

>   "In addition K-Ar dates from basalts in the middle
> and upper parts of the
>    Svita (in the gorge Borzongiin Gobi and others)
> are 78-80 MYR (Campanian).

  The figure of 78 Ma was apparently an error. Read
the whole chapter. On pages 261 and 271 the age given
for the Borzongiin Gobi locality, or Chuluut Uul, is
75 Ma. As I posted before, Shuvalov's view is
strengthened by newer dating indicating an age of 73
Ma for the Djadokhtan beds there, and the fact that
they are not "upper" Barungoyotian.

> I have no problem
> with the dates, as long as the data is accurate.

 Not yours.

> A different
> species? Or maybe it's a new genus? Or maybe it's
> bad fossils that only LOOK

 It is a nearly complete specimen in a good state of
preservation.

http://mail.yahoo.com