Re: Cladograms reflecting the newest data

> Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 08:47:13 +0000
> From: Michael Mortimer <mickey_mortimer111@msn.com>
>
>> What about Pisani et al. 2002 supertree approach to genus-level
>> dinosaur phylogeny? (Well Langer is one of the co-authors...)
>
> Ah!  A supertree!  Run! ;)

:-)

People may be interested to know that Ian Corfe (Bristol) is working
on techniques for comparing and reconciling differing phylognetic
trees.  He spoke about this at SVPCA lats month, and his abstract is
available on p. 9 of the abstracts volume, which can be downloaded
from
        http://svpca.org/years/2005_london/53rd_SVPCA_abs.pdf
(Sadly, it doesn't go into much detail.)

Needless to say, there is lots of other great stuff in this volume.

)_v__/\  "You're a bright lad: we could do with someone like you to feed
         the pantomime horses" -- Monty Python's Flying Circus.