Frank (Rooster) Bliss
MS Biostratigraphy
Weston, Wyoming

On Oct 11, 2005, at 7:52 AM, Thomas R. Holtz, Jr. wrote:

From: owner-dinosaur@usc.edu [mailto:owner-dinosaur@usc.edu]On Behalf Of
Guy Leahy

http://news.yahoo.com/s/hsn/20051010/hl_hsn/ dinosaurbirdflaprufflesfeathers

There are times when I think the media interest in this subject is merely so they can use the "ruffles feathers" phrase in
headlines... Now if only the basal cynodont community would have a lot more attention: they could use "raises hackles"! ;-)

Also, good to see that HealthDay News is maintaining its fine tradition of paleontological reportage... Wait. HealthDay News?!?
"News for Healthier Living", according to their main page. Wierd.

(Not that I'm against such reporting or such, but it just seems strange to me that a news site organized around health has this
article in amidst their coverage of avian flu, SIDS, epilepsy, and colonoscopy).

                Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
        Mailing Address:
                Building 237, Room 1117
                College Park, MD  20742