Re: Feduccia et al. (2005) Critique

I'd be more impressed with the collegen fiber hypothesis when they find an Icthyosaur with a covering of feathers! (Of course, not "real" feathers - if you follow Feduccia).

Allan Edels

P.S. Mike - LISP = Lots of Infernal Silly Parentheses.

From: mike@miketaylor.org.uk (Mike Taylor)
To: sappororaptor@yahoo.com
CC: dinosaur@usc.edu
Subject: Re: Feduccia et al. (2005) Critique
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 22:07:15 +0100 (BST)

> Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 08:20:58 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Jay <sappororaptor@yahoo.com>
>
> Also let me just check the abbreviations here:
> BAD - Birds are dinosaurs
> BAND - Birds are not dinosaurs
> WAIR - Wing assisted Incline running
>
> But what's MANIAC?

Maniraptorans Are Not In Actuality Coelurosaurs.

(i.e. the stance that says, "Yes, OK, you do have some things in the
Yixian formation that unquestionably have feathers, but none of them
are dinosaurs -- maniraptors are birds, and convergently evolved some
theropod-like features.")

/o ) \/ Mike Taylor <mike@miketaylor.org.uk> http://www.miketaylor.org.uk
)_v__/\ "Lisp is just glorified C with completely different brackets"
-- Harvey "Max" Thompson.