Re: Dino reputation 'is exaggerated'

I've tried flailing wildly lots of times; I can report
that it doesn't work against yellowjackets, dog(s),
deerflies or fellow eight graders... {:0

Seriously, sauropods were slow, weren't they? And if
Velociraptors could climb trees, why couldn't they
climb a startled sauropod? Note that the bigger sauros
would be the most vulnerable due to speed
differential. If you were a large sauropod and I had
those claws, I could run up your shoulder and be on
the back of that skinny neck before you could get your
tail untangled.

Check out the pole climbers in lumberjack contests,
and human sprinters, and then extrapolate. Examples--
Guy German: 24 sec, 100' vertical pole, _to the top
and back_. Any good defensive back: 4.5 ec/40yds from
a standing start. So, if I am 10m from your
shoulder... less than 10 seconds to the back of your
neck?

I'm just saying the physical tools were there.

Don