Re: Dino reputation 'is exaggerated'

On 10/12/05, don ohmes <d_ohmes@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Seriously, sauropods were slow, weren't they? And if
> Velociraptors could climb trees, why couldn't they
> climb a startled sauropod?

I have serious doubts that something as small as _Velociraptor_ could
even break a sauropod's skin. Do caracals hunt elephants?

Now, _Utahraptor_, you might be talking. But by that size I would
think it's too big to hang by a toe. However, I haven't done a
rigorous biomechanical test of this idea, so I'll shut up now.
--
Mike Keesey
The Dinosauricon: http://dino.lm.com