Re: Microraptor biplanes?

The limb position is indeed and improvement. Out of curiosity, how would the feathers be anchored in the configuration suggested by those illustrations?

And second question: why would the leg feathers necessarily impede terrestrial movement? Birds do not have impeded arm movement because of their flight feathers (there is some joint mobility limitation, but it's skeletomuscular in nature).

Just curious...
--Mike Habib