RE: Alvarezsauridae (was RE: Me vs. Makovicky et al.- comparison and consensus)

Tim Williams (twilliams_alpha@hotmail.com) wrote:

<In the past, _Walgettosuchus woodwardi_ (based on an isolated tailbone) was
referred to _Rapator_, but this seems totally unjustified.  They are both
theropods, and both from the same part of Australia (northern NSW), but that's
about all that they have in common.>

  Where they synonymized at one point? I recall a discussion offlist in
regarding the possibility, which I discussed on my website at
(http://qilong.8m.com/rapator_ornitholestoides.html), credited appropriately,
but was unaware of official action. Since I am told it is mentioned as an
alvarezsaur in _The Dinosauria (2nd Ed.)_, which I have not read, I do not know
the exact story so far, but think I've read most if not all the primarily
literature regarding both phalanx and caudal vertebra aside from _The
Dinosauria (2nd Ed.)_.

  Cheers,

Jaime A. Headden

http://mail.yahoo.com