RE: Centrosaurus brinkmani, new ceratopsian

> From: owner-dinosaur@usc.edu [mailto:owner-dinosaur@usc.edu]On Behalf Of
> Tim Williams
>
> Ryan, M.R. and Russell, A.P. (2005).  A new centrosaurine ceratopsid from
> the Oldman
> Formation of Alberta and its implications for centrosaurine taxonomy and
> systematics.  Can. J. Earth Sci. 42: 1369?1387.
>

> Abstract: "_Centrosaurus brinkmani_ (sp. nov) is distinguished from
> _Centrosaurus apertus_ by key features of its cranial ornamentation,
> including the shape and orientation of the postorbital horn and parietal
> ornamentation at parietal locus 3, the shape of the parietal ornamentation
> at locus 2, and the possession of accessory parietal ossifications developed
> as short spines on the caudal parietal ramus. This species is restricted to
> the Oldman Formation of southern Alberta and is the oldest ceratopsid
> represented by diagnostic material in Canada. Phylogenetic analysis of the
> Centrosaurinae suggests that the development of spike-like ornamentation at
> the parietal locus 3 parietal locus is inversely related to the development
> of the P1 parietal ornamentation."

Like they couldn't have published this BEFORE I printed the poster...  Grumble
grumble grumble... :-)

Incidentally, I should give have a contest for who can find all the typos on my
SVP poster. Heck, we can do it for all the posters!

See you in Mesa (or not, depending on your location over the next several days.

                Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
        Mailing Address:
                Building 237, Room 1117
                College Park, MD  20742