Re: Me vs. Makovicky et al.- comparison and consensus

<<This is what happened: Before publication of the book, José Bonaparte had
apparently told Lambert that he had renamed this genus _Coloradisaurus_, and
Lambert published the name assuming that Bonaparte had already published the
new name.  He hadn't. Lambert was (and maybe still is) enormously
embarrassed about this.  Nevertheless, Lambert (not Bonaparte) gets credit
for naming _Coloradisaurus_.>>

I can name-drop, seeing as I heard from David Lambert a couple of years ago
about something totally different!  We only corresponed a bit, but he was
very kind and of impeccable manners.

Wouldn't his inadvertent pre-emption be irrelevant, Tim?  I take it he
didn't publish an adequate description.  That's not the sort of thing you
could do accidentally.  If so, then I'd have thought Lambert's usage would
have been a nomen (extremely) nudum, and the name would still have been
available.  I should point out I don't actually know what I'm going on
about, but that's nevertheless my understanding.
Cheers
Trevor