Re: Me vs. Makovicky et al.- comparison and consensus

Wait a sec, Lambert's name has stuck for 22 years, so i don't think the
paleontological community
regards it as nomen nudum.
The original species 'Coloradi' brevis was published with description and
diagnosis, so that
doesn't matter. The fact is that Coloradisaurus is simply a replacement name.
We have replacement
names for preoccupied genera all published formally all the time WITHOUT
diagnosis - the authors
simply needs to refer to the original paper to diagnoses. For example look at
the Chatterjee &
Creisler paper (1991) renaming Alwalkeria & Morturneria. All the authors needed
to do here was
adjust their etymologies.

http://mail.yahoo.com