I've often wondered if this strange way of writing was subconsciously instrumental in helping most readers decide they didn't like it (in conjunction with all those other reasons). I think at first I subconsciously recognised the style as being written like a young children's book - those one sentence a page books designed for kids learning to read often remain in present tense - before I consciously recognised what Bob was doing...

Cheers,
Chris

At 05:15 AM 12/02/2005, Cliff Green wrote:
Dear Ian and List,

    I think that it was a great read. And forget another hidious JP
movie.Raptor Red would make a wonderful motion picture, if done correctly.

Cliff

.Original Message -----
From: "Ian Paulsen" <birdbooker@zipcon.net>
To: <dinosaur@usc.edu>
Sent: Friday, February 11, 2005 11:52 AM
Subject: raptor red

> HI: > Since we are talking dino literature I picked up a copy of Bakker's > Raptor Red. What do people think of it? > > -- > Ian Paulsen > Bainbridge Island, WA, USA > A.K.A.: "Birdbooker" > "Rallidae all the way!" >

Chris Glen
PhD candidate,
School of Biomedical Science
Anatomy and Developmental Biology Dept.,
University of Queensland
Q 4072, AUSTRALIA
Room: 418
Phone: (07) 3365 2720
Mob: 0408 986 301
Email: c.glen@.uq.edu.au
\
\
*
<`\
\_ \ / ,\
"" ""
~QQ>
~QQ>
One Late Mesozoic mammal to an other after a hard day of dodging
dinosaur feet and droppings, only to find their burrow trampled:
"Hey, a falling star, make a wish."