Re: Archaeopteryx the Jurassic magpie?

In a message dated 10/22/2005 11:16:31 PM Eastern Standard Time,
birdbooker@zipcon.net writes:

<< Following the thread on DINOCHAT about Archie (is there a  Jughead fossil
bird?) I think that the magpie would be a good modern day  model for Archie
behavior wise, any comments? >>

I don't know about behavior, however several years  ago I was very impressed
by the similiarities between Archaeopteryx and a bird  in a very beautiful
Japanese painting that turned out to be the Azure-winged  Magpie shown in the
photographs here:

http://www.rarebirdphotography.co.uk/AzureWingedMagpie.htm

DV