RE: Archaeopteryx with bird book, was Re: Archaeopteryx flight

"fruit-bearing gymnosperms"

-Podocarps [Podocarpaceae], still found atleast in New Zealand and Australia
-Gingkos [Ginkgoaceae], still going strong, eaten in China
-Taxids (yew-family)  [Taxaceae], is poisonous to some mammals, including
humans...
-Some cypresses [Cupressaceae], like Juniper
-atleast some cycads and cycadeoids

More information can be found in "Gymnosperm database"
http://www.conifers.org/taxa.htm

--Mikko Haaramo