RE: raptor red

I respect Bob Bakker, both as a paleo guy and as an
author. I was not down on the man for writing the
book, taking chances or being true to his own beliefs
and artistic desires but simply had my own problems
with that one aspect of the book which is that I felt
that too much of the behavior was too derivative of
modern animal behavior. Of course, having the belief
that I am the foremost expert on Dromaeosaur behavior
on earth does color my opinions.

I love dinosaurs in pop culture too and I don't
require it to be scientifically 'accurate' if that's
even possible. I love everything from Devil Dinosaur
to 1,000,000 million years B.C. What I don't love is
the Jurassic Park movies. The dinosaurs were amazingly
done but these are the worst movies ever made. The
books are fantastic, eye opening, dramatic, action
filled, well conceived books. The movies are crap. I
hated Jurassic Park the first time I saw it and
continue to loath it and it's sequels. Not because of
the dinosaurs but because of the bad film making. I'm
not a Speilburg basher either as I think he's one of
the best directors ever. (Jaws, Raiders, List etc...)
For me, he just dropped the ball on these three movies
hard core.

So what I'm saying is I think Raptor Red is cool but
my opinions on Raptor behavior effect my enjoyment. I
haven't read it in a long time so I should take
another look at it and see what I think of them now.

Andrew Simpson

--- "Sticht, Aaron" <Aaron.Sticht@frontiercorp.com>