Re: raptor red

  For Paleo/Dark Fantasy tales in the present tense, check out the
work of Caitlin R. Kiernan - particularly _Threshold_ and _Low Red
Moon_ - both of which are excellent and integrate paleontology in a
Lovecraftian way.  Also, I believe I read somewhere that Ms. Kiernan
was once a student of Dr. Bakker's.

  John Scannella