Re: Claw function in Deinonychus

And we have a Velociraptor gutting a Protoceratops. What more do they need?

Just a quick observation, but the claw is stuck in the gut of the Protoceratops, so it's hard to say if it was just digging in as recently suggested, or didn't have enough room to give a good kick and so couldn't complete the cut.

Brian

"I'm not trying to prove anything, by the way. I'm a scientist and I know what constitutes proof. The reason I call myself by my childhood name is to remind me that a scientist must also be absolutely like a child. If he sees a thing, he must say he sees it, whether it was what he thought he was going to see or not. See first, think later, then test. But always see first. Otherwise you will only see what you are expecting. Most scientists forget that."
Douglas Adams - So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish.