From: owner-dinosaur@usc.edu [mailto:owner-dinosaur@usc.edu] On Behalf Of
Brian Baziak
Sent: 26 October 2005 18:50
To: dinosaur@usc.edu
Subject: Re: Claw function in Deinonychus

>And we have a Velociraptor gutting a Protoceratops. What more do they need?

Just a quick observation, but the claw is stuck in the gut of the
Protoceratops, so it's hard to say if it was just digging in as recently
suggested, or didn't have enough room to give a good kick and so couldn't
complete the cut.

Brian

"I'm not trying to prove anything, by the way. I'm a scientist and I know
what constitutes proof. The reason I call myself by my childhood name is to
remind me that a scientist must also be absolutely like a child. If he sees
a thing, he must say he sees it, whether it was what he thought he was going

to see or not. See first, think later, then test. But always see first.
Otherwise you will only see what you are expecting. Most scientists forget
that."
Douglas Adams - So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish.