Sickles and Ken Carpenter's paper

I just had the chance to read Ken Carpenter's paper in Gaia, in particular his reconstruction of the Velociraptor vs. Protoceratops confrontation. I am completely convinced by his arguments for throat- ripping by Velociraptor, and his arguments that disemboweling is not a good idea for the sickle claw of V.

The contrast between Carpenter's careful reasoned reconstruction from real fossils, and the bad design and poor logic of the Brit modelers could not be stronger. There's probably a moral there...

Cheers

Richard