Re: Dino reputation 'is exaggerated'

On 10/31/05, Amtoine Grant <blackphoenix@eastlink.ca> wrote:
> --- T. Michael Keesey wrote:
> > I have serious doubts that something as small as _Velociraptor_ could
> > even break a sauropod's skin. Do caracals hunt elephants?
>
> This is where the cutting edge of said claw would come into play best.

Okay, do caracals hunt elephants?

And if the point is to hold in, wouldn't a cutting edge be
counterproductive? Shouldn't it be built like a spike?

And what sauropods lived alongside _Velociraptor_, anyway?

_Velociraptor_ were little guys, better suited for hunting small
reptiles and mammals. The image of _Velociraptor_ attacking a large
dinosaur is a rather silly one to me.
--
Mike Keesey
The Dinosauricon: http://dino.lm.com