Re: Chimp Fossils

In article <1f4a892d05090203347ddc337a@mail.gmail.com>, T. Michael
Keesey wrote:
> The simplest explanation is that, half
> a million years ago, as now, they were primarily rainforest dwellers
> which ventured onto the open plains at times.

       And since at least one got made dead, then it obviously wasn't
very well adapted to the conditions ...
       OK, I see that logic, but unless there's a line in the sand with
appropriate signposts saying "Rainforest This Side", "Semi-arid
Savannah this side", there's going to be a transition zone, which is
now an obvious target region for trying to dig bones out of the ground.

--
 Aidan Karley,
 Aberdeen, Scotland,