Re: T.Rex Feather Skepticism

In article <2cda178cc32df7f846843e674df9e3b5@earthlink.net>, Neal Romanek
wrote:
> A feathered T. Rex, for example,
> would produce literally tons of feathers in its lifetime. Where has all
> this tonnage gone?

       Corollary : does feather produce any useful "biomarker" type
molecules which would be amenable to bulk processing?
       I don't think it's very likely, feather being basically rolled-up
lumps of keratin? - but it's something that should be quite amenable to
laboratory experiment, stick your feather pillow in a RockEval pyrolysis
machine and sniff what comes out. Compare results with RockEval results
from the oil industry and see if you see any worthwhile targets.

--
 Aidan Karley,
 Aberdeen, Scotland,